Educators | Evaluation Information
Educator Full Evaluation
The Educator Full Evaluation includes a UETS-based JPAS, Stakeholder Input, and Student Growth Measures.
Utah Effective Teaching Standards-based Jordan Performance Appraisal System (JPAS)
The UETS-based Jordan Performance Appraisal System is designed to help teachers provide high quality instruction to all students. Its purpose is to ensure that a valid, reliable and objective system exists to monitor teacher performance, to develop teacher skills and to assist teachers whose performance needs improvement. The intent of UETS-based JPAS is to provide feedback that will lead to instructional excellence and to the implementation of organizational goals.
Four major components:
- An observation system that measures skills and techniques for 49 specific behaviors, called indicators. The indicators are listed on the observation sheet and in the UETS-based JPAS Domains Document. Observers are given extensive inservice to understand the decision rules to measure whether a specific skill or technique has occurred.
- An interview system that measures educator skills and techniques that cannot be observed in a classroom visit. These behaviors are examined in an interview between the administrator and the teacher who will be required to present documents and work samples to show how these specific skills and techniques have been employed. These indicators are listed on the back of the observation sheet and in the UETS-based JPAS Domains Document.
- A feedback report which will serve as a guide for a discussion between the administrator and the teacher about the teacher’s performance. Additionally, it will show how an individual teacher compares to the District norm. Finally, it will direct teachers to professional development materials that can be used to enhance their classroom performance.
- Professional development materials are available to all teachers online which contains ideas and suggestions that teachers can use to sharpen their instructional skills. Organized by domains, the indicators are grouped in subcategories, teachers will be able to match sections in the manual to the UETS-based JPAS Feedback Report.
- UETS-based JPAS Professional Development Materials
Educator Interim Evaluation
The Educator Interim Evaluation includes an Instructional Effectiveness Self-Assessment on the Utah Effective Teaching Standards and Professional Growth Goals.
Login to JPLS to begin your evaluation process.